The Storage Gym Solution

When I moved back home to Pueblo, CO. last year from Phoenix, I left behind my training partners and their garage gym where we spent many (many) hours moving some serious weights. It was a sad time.

We spent the first month or so back here staying with my parents while we waited for our renter to vacate our house. My parents graciously let me keep my equipment in their huge basement even after we moved.  The bad part was, they lived 5 miles past BFE and the drive was getting tortuous. Unfortunately, the house I own in Pueblo is small and doesn't have a garage.

Let me back up a bit before I go on. When we first got back into town last year we had all our house items  and needed storage. Fortunately for us, the place we were returning the moving truck was also a brand new storage facility - very cool. Well, months later as I was contemplating my gym dilemma, I believe it was my wife who said, "Why don't we just get an indoor storage unit at that place we first stored our household stuff?" BRILLIANT! AND, it was just about 1.5 miles from our house! BRILLIANT!

The wife went down and negotiated TWO indoor units with them so we loaded up the truck with all our equipment from my folks' house and headed to the storage. Bad news. The indoor units were only 10 x 10 and on the second floor! I learned quickly this solution was not going to work out. My very first session in the new digs and I dropped a 70kg snatch and I thought for sure I was going to collapse the entire floor! Fortunately for us the very kind lady who ran the storage unit gave us a HUGE 10x30 outdoor space right next to an outlet for the same price as the two indoor units. We moved again.

We've been enjoying the new digs for about 6 months now and it suits all our gym needs - not bad for about $100 a month. Here's a pic of ASWC or Affordable Storage Weightlifting Club. :)


1 comment:

  1. All thanks to your dear spouse for providing a solution! I think it is a good idea to rent a storage space to serve as a place where you can do your hobbies and craft. The place is ideal if you need moderate size space for your equipment and stuff. And you can be sure that your equipment is safe and secure inside the facility. [Ericka Muldowney]

    ReplyDelete