Sick and Tired

Been a busy past few weeks with my current job, interviewing for a new job, training, and studying to renew my Cisco certification. Seems everything came to a head last night/this morning. This morning was test day finally which included a 1 hour drive to the testing facility in Colorado Springs (it should've been 40 minutes but I got lost, or rather, google maps got me lost!).

That run down, achy, nasty feeling started hitting me after dinner last night and by 8:30 I pretty much passed out. Woke up this morning feeling none better but knew I had to get up there and get it done so... drank some coffee and ate a few cookies - a "good" breakfast wasn't likely to stay down.

Arrived at the testing center (20 minutes late!) and get started. I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to actually focus... aside from my stomach growling so loud I was obliged to do a few "cover up" coughs as to not scare the other testers in there with me.

I passed. Actually, I kicked ass. Stopped at Mickey D's and got a celebratory Big Mac which I wolfed down on the way home. Once home I took some Tylenol, hit the sack and passed out for 4 hours. Feeling much better now and hopefully well enough to hit a light session tomorrow at the gym.

Looking forward to another 3 solid weeks of studying for the second leg of my certification. Oh joy. Hopefully I'll hear this week if I got this new job - 3 interviews and 4 weeks of waiting seems a bit much - sick and tired of stressing about it though.

Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment